Author Topic: KickassTorrents’ Alleged Owner Retains Kim Dotcom’s Lawyer - TF  (Read 18676 times)

Offline Superbikemike  11703

• Former Mod
  • Global Rep: 6317
Re: KickassTorrents’ Alleged Owner Retains Kim Dotcom’s Lawyer - TF
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2017, 07:50:33 pm »
Actually we were number 1 in the alexa rankings for torrent sites for a few months before we poofed ... :thumbsup:

Online Pootle  83

• Verified Uploader
  • Global Rep: 31
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2017, 12:42:30 am »
After reading all the why's, wherefores, all that is....the accusations are pretty weak, but more of an embarrassment to the older KAT community is that if this guy was the money behind the machine, why did he leave a paper trail a mile long. That is just arrogance and naivety, and that is sad. To be under the assumption that you were bullet proof, and that nobody was watching as the site climbed in the world rankings,( when it went down it was number 71 in the world's most visited web sites I think), is just....... hmmm, no words to describe that.[/color]

Think it was 69 or 68 in the end.
Never met him. He, if the allegations are correct was obviously an astute business man.
I don't think arrogance  is what it is. When I first used old kat almost 8 years ago. It was a small site.
It became massive because it was such a good community and very good at what it did.
Kat has never hosted files. A facilitator but not a hoster.

Online penguinpirate  840

• Super User
  • Global Rep: 284
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2017, 12:50:11 am »
After reading all the why's, wherefores, all that is....the accusations are pretty weak, but more of an embarrassment to the older KAT community is that if this guy was the money behind the machine, why did he leave a paper trail a mile long. That is just arrogance and naivety, and that is sad. To be under the assumption that you were bullet proof, and that nobody was watching as the site climbed in the world rankings,( when it went down it was number 71 in the world's most visited web sites I think), is just....... hmmm, no words to describe that.

Never met him. He, if the allegations are correct was obviously an astute business man.
I don't think arrogance  is what it is. When I first used old kat almost 8 years ago. It was a small site.
It became massive because it was such a good community and very good at what it did.
[/quote]

Thats of all sites on the whole interweb though, I think, its pretty good going considering the sites more visited were the legit ones like wikipedia and youtube that don't come into torrent site rankings.
KAT was definitely the biggest back then, ET took over once KAT went and didn't last long after that.
I think it was the forum and rating system that made it so popular. KAT had much better community that looked after the site.

Online Pootle  83

• Verified Uploader
  • Global Rep: 31
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2017, 01:58:14 pm »
After reading all the why's, wherefores, all that is....the accusations are pretty weak, but more of an embarrassment to the older KAT community is that if this guy was the money behind the machine, why did he leave a paper trail a mile long. That is just arrogance and naivety, and that is sad. To be under the assumption that you were bullet proof, and that nobody was watching as the site climbed in the world rankings,( when it went down it was number 71 in the world's most visited web sites I think), is just....... hmmm, no words to describe that.[/color]

It was the whole setup. The ratings and everything.

Thats of all sites on the whole interweb though, I think, its pretty good going considering the sites more visited were the legit ones like wikipedia and youtube that don't come into torrent site rankings.
KAT was definitely the biggest back then, ET took over once KAT went and didn't last long after that.
I think it was the forum and rating system that made it so popular. KAT had much better community that looked after the site.
[/quote]

Offline pelham  17

• Global Rep: 13
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2017, 07:06:27 am »
It's been a long time. I hope he is well. May it be the road that travels fastest to the light and air that is freedom.

Offline Prairi3DoG  11569

• Former President
  • Global Rep: 3179
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2018, 02:39:30 pm »
Good words and nice of you hoping for him  ... thanks  :pirate: