Author Topic: Browser Mining on KickassTorrents  (Read 1722 times)

Online SuZy  16233

• KAT Staff
  • Rate: 12441
Browser Mining on KickassTorrents
« on: January 07, 2018, 07:09:48 pm »
Browser Mining - 1 Click Donation

KickassTorrents presents a new method of voluntary mining.

https://katcr.co/new/

Click on the Start Mining and let it run. You can set the threads and the speed the way you like it.

Attention!
It is a voluntary donation that helps us to get rid of the popups.
KickassTorrents doesn't hide it and doesn't force the users to use it.

Duration & Technical Details

> Settings have been tested and the threads set on the Box will do exactly as told.

> The miner on our site will never run without asking the visitors for consent or even informing them.

> The opt-in is revoked when the user clicks the pause button or when the browser sessions ends.

> The opt-in is stored in a session cookie on our website, it is validated again upon connection to provider pool servers.

> The opt-in token itself is stateless - we do not store the token outside our servers.

You want to donate without mining? Use the traditional way of BitCoin donation:

Site BitCoin: 33s58k6AM2Zk3tsFBy2WbJR8FQzWGZYKQT

Are you still here? Go and start mining.  :pirate:

Thank you for your support.

Code: [Select]
[thread][url=https://katcr.co/show/community/index.php?topic=8313.0] [b]Browser Mining on KickassTorrents [/b][/url][/thread]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:01:34 am by SuZy »

Online Myob42  11412

• Super User
  • Rate: 4460
Re: Browser Mining on KickassTorrents
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:23:37 pm »
Excellent SuZy thanks for the info, great stuff TechieTeam  :thumbsup: :clap: :rock:

Can you please explain what 'Hashes' 'Total' 'Threads' 'Speed' actually mean?

E.g. Speed of what? What threads? KAT threads?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:37:13 pm by Myob42 »

Online SmokeNMirrors  20732

• KAT Staff
  • Rate: 10995
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:06:33 pm »
Explain a Bitcoin hash to Me Like I’m Five…

No offense on title above but is a good read.. Older but still valid to the point on how the BC hash works.

When have a hash "solved" it moves to total. < checking this

Threads is the amount of request sent in numbers
1 thread = one process.
More threads.. the more you are "working".
Kind of like holding more than one conversation at a time.

Speed is not much to say other than how fast your pc perform these functions.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:59:06 pm by SmokeNMirrors »

Online Myob42  11412

• Super User
  • Rate: 4460
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 08:12:40 pm »
Explain a Bitcoin hash to Me Like I’m Five… [/url]

:darky: :laugh: :rofl: :darky: :laugh: :rofl: :darky: :laugh: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Brilliant tx for that Smokes  :thumbsup:

Online SmokeNMirrors  20732

• KAT Staff
  • Rate: 10995
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 08:16:54 pm »
Explain a Bitcoin hash to Me Like I’m Five…

[/quote]

Most welcome. Also, you can adjust these setting.

Find one that does not slow your browsing down and a happy balance of threads etc.

Give 15 min or so and see how your PC reacts etc..

We have some test going now with some of team. This may help with some setting to find a good match for your PC/CPU/GPU.

Will update as it goes along.. Remember this is a test.  :thumbsup:
Never a forced/tricked thing.. :thumbsup:

Online Forestheart  11022

• Torrent Helper
  • Rate: 7215
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 10:08:36 am »
Explain a Bitcoin hash to Me Like I’m Five… [/url]

Most welcome. Also, you can adjust these setting.

Find one that does not slow your browsing down and a happy balance of threads etc.

Give 15 min or so and see how your PC reacts etc..

We have some test going now with some of team. This may help with some setting to find a good match for your PC/CPU/GPU.

Will update as it goes along.. Remember this is a test.  :thumbsup:
[/quote]

This is what I love about KAT! At least we are more honest about it than most other sites! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(actually, I think we are more honest the most sites about everything... well,... as honest as a pirate can be)
:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Online Nootky  9882

• Super Moderator
  • Rate: 7451
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 11:08:53 pm »
Bump, cause I can.

Offline MisterGaga  6961

• Super User
  • Rate: 6228
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 01:39:48 am »
Not touching Bitcoin....

Why?

F*ck the wallet system and their counter costs. . There is no way we can open an account without a government discovering your IP and donating...

If you want to donate, the admin should open an account and ask for donations. A donation icon should be displayed with your user name. Email using a vpn should be used then to donate.

I'm high folks. Please don't flame
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:22:14 pm by Chief.Mokum »

Online Nootky  9882

• Super Moderator
  • Rate: 7451
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 01:51:52 am »
*[/color]ck the wallet system and their counter costs. . There is no way we can open an account without a government discovering your IP and donating...

If you want to donate, the admin should open an account and ask for donations. A donation icon should be displayed with your user name. Email using a vpn should be used then to donate.

I'm high folks. Please don't flame

XMR/Monero is not Bitcoin, and was designed to be near completely private. While probably not impossible to track, it's by and large far more private than Bitcoin.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:22:38 pm by Chief.Mokum »

Offline MisterGaga  6961

• Super User
  • Rate: 6228

Offline Mr.Prairi3DoG  9791

• HQ
  • Rate: 2924
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 12:46:27 pm »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/what-is-monero-north-korea-new-favorite-cryptocurrency.html[/url]

Probably Fake News  :Mr.G: :Mr.G:
Trying to create a bad mood about the site Mining solution?  ... Because I see not other point on that post .... Reading between lines to extract what we want people to see have been a "smart trick" since ever .... Original text head lines on that linked page of yours Gaga
North Korea appears to have taken a liking to monero, the world's 13th largest cryptocurrency by value
Researchers found evidence of hackers creating a malicious piece of software that infected computers to mine monero and send it back to North Korea

So, lets clean the head lines ... and make a statement that we believe everyone who use a computer knows

> Yes ... monero, is the world's 13th largest cryptocurrency by value
> Yes, hackers creates malicious piece of software that infected computers NOT JUST TO for Monero .... BUT ANYTHING ELSE THEY CAN

Now anything else is pure propaganda and selling information that everyone is aware off ...  Anyway, the miner solution is off the site as per other different maters ..... Here was a pending update we have regarding the Pilot trial of Mining solution.

KAT Announce

The pilot trial of Mining for virtual currency has been examined by our site administration as an alternative to third-party ads, and ends today. We have been searching for a way to generate other ways of revenue besides ads.

The tests results for cryptocurrency miner won't be enough to keep the website afloat without advertisements. The revenues (as proven) can't be used to generate enough income to support our site user traffic, operations, developers, databases, etc.

It's a fact that we really want to remove ads from the site. This pilot trial of mining was trialed as a possible solution, unfortunately it does not seem to be what we looking for. We don't want the ads on site, but we also need to generate enough money to keep the site running.

Revenues on site mostly pay its bills (not all the time), but bottom line is that removing ads will improve end user experiences on site which is mostly what we looking for.

Unfortunately the solution of mining for virtual currency did not meet the criteria.

Best regards,
KickassTorrents Administration.