Author Topic: How many torrents are you seeding now?  (Read 2753 times)

Klaartje  9

• Rate: 4
Re: How many torrents are you seeding now?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 01:11:14 am »
Just 3039 torrents atm.

FishyFishy  2588

• Super User
  • Rate: 321
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 03:57:59 am »
Seeding 12 at the moment...

tempest  4

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 05:19:43 am »
The only torrents that I had been seeding when KAT's domain was seized had been an entire discography of Squeeze along with the USA For Africa and Concert For New York City torrents. Kind of stopped those when the domain was seized. They were a pain in the ass to find. lols

Hitesh96S  8

• Rate: 2
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2016, 11:00:20 am »
If anybody has already downloaded these torrents by Jester, please seed them. I have been stuck for a while now, as are so many others on my BitTorrent Peer list. Please seed, it would be much appreciated. I will seed it till eternity once I am done.

[kat.cr]impractical.jokers.season.02.s02.720p.x265.jester
[kat.cr]impractical.jokers.season.03.s03.repack.720p.x265.jester
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 11:03:06 am by Hitesh96S »

Firidan  28

• Rate: 8
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 02:44:22 pm »
0 ever since I got cease and desist letter with 2000 $ fine  :sweat:

Kyle-E  161

• Rate: 55
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2016, 04:34:21 am »
200+ torrents currently seeding.

Trainmen  7735

• Uploader
  • Rate: 686
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2016, 08:25:38 am »
125 torrents currently seeding.

i509  71

• Uploader
  • Rate: 23
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
27 torrents as of now

8 from PHD
14 of my own
The reset I downloaded.

I stopped all 1,280 of mine today after searching torrentz.eu/anyA?f=condo+-condom+-xxx seeing 26-pages of my torrents there and "discovering" them uploaded on websites such as torrentfunk and torlock with the comment on that website "Uploaded on [whatever date] by our crawler pet called "Spidey"."
Yea same thing here. But on torrentz2 instead. I find it definitely annoying as well that its appearing on sites filled with ads to the brim. I happened to notice an imposter under my name on one of these sites. (Monova)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:03:11 am by HashedNSalted »

tempest  4

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2016, 12:51:52 am »
It's kind of sad but I stopped uploading torrents when KAT was seized. I just don't see KAT returning, especially in light of so many torrent sites closing up shop. Matter of fact, I don't use TPB or Torrenthound either. I've actually only been using ruTracker to get what I need.

Leon17z  272

• Rate: 73
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2016, 02:34:08 am »
It's kind of sad but I stopped uploading torrents when KAT was seized. I just don't see KAT returning, especially in light of so many torrent sites closing up shop. Matter of fact, I don't use TPB or Torrenthound either. I've actually only been using ruTracker to get what I need.
Don't let that stop you, there are plenty of options out there if you want to keep sharing with the community.

I'm seeding 49 torrents at the moment.

tempest  4

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2016, 02:42:27 am »
Unfortunately, without KAT, I simply refuse to upload any content. KAT's categorized sections were what inspired me to start sharing rare music that is unavailable anywhere. TPB is a disaster area (pop-up ads keep infesting my browser every time I click on a link and before anyone whines, my machine is not infected with adware or malware) and there isn't an alternative that I have found that comes anywhere close to KAT. It had been ten years since I uploaded anything and when I decided to upload something, KAT gets seized. I just don't have any confidence in the alternative torrent sites to even go back to uploading. What strikes me is that KAT still hasn't resurfaced. As many times as TPB has resurfaced, KAT should have resurfaced by now but it is unlikely that I'll go back to uploading without the return of KAT.

What's sad about it is that I have 400GB of music that I was willing to share with KAT users. I'm just going back to what I refer to as 'download and stop'. There isn't a single torrent download site who has a similar categorized search for their site and the user interface was easy to navigate. There are only two sites I use now, ruTracker and nyaa.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:44:06 am by tempest »

Leon17z  272

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2016, 02:53:10 am »
Unfortunately, without KAT, I simply refuse to upload any content. KAT's categorized sections were what inspired me to start sharing rare music that is unavailable anywhere. TPB is a disaster area (pop-up ads keep infesting my browser every time I click on a link and before anyone whines, my machine is not infected with adware or malware) and there isn't an alternative that I have found that comes anywhere close to KAT. It had been ten years since I uploaded anything and when I decided to upload something, KAT gets seized. I just don't have any confidence in the alternative torrent sites to even go back to uploading. What strikes me is that KAT still hasn't resurfaced. As many times as TPB has resurfaced, KAT should have resurfaced by now but it is unlikely that I'll go back to uploading without the return of KAT.

What's sad about it is that I have 400GB of music that I was willing to share with KAT users. I'm just going back to what I refer to as 'download and stop'. There isn't a single torrent download site who has a similar categorized search for their site and the user interface was easy to navigate. There are only two sites I use now, ruTracker and nyaa.
I feel you man, but there are other decent sites out there that aren't infested with advertisement, private trackers, anything is better than stop sharing IMHO. Don't think about the site but about the users. Remember the sites are just an index of the content, the content itself is held by the users on the network, once you put up something up there is supported by all of us.

KAT's file-sharing side may be dead but if you know where or how to look you can find every single torrent that was ever uploaded there.  :yes:

tempest  4

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2016, 05:24:57 am »
The seizure of KAT dealt a major blow to the torrent community and it's doubtful it'll be the same. That's why I stopped uploading/sharing the content I have. Just a few weeks before the shutdown was when I started sharing my rare music finds. Then, not soon after, the site was shut down. I'm certain many other users were in the same boat. Not to mention that that donation gofundme crap was also shut-down. KAT should have had backup contingencies planned for this ... I just haven't used TPB for a very long time, not since the original founders left the site. I just think it's doubtful that the torrent community will recover from this and with the exception of a few minor sites, I think we're witnessing the end of the torrent community. With the exception of nyaa, I'm not really torrenting anything, just downloading here and there and using file-lockers.

Leon17z  272

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2016, 05:46:55 am »
It was very sad to see the torrents part of KAT go away, but I disagree that the torrent community won't recover from this, in fact I think that it already did. Many torrent sites have reported a huge increase in traffic since the original KAT shutdown and I still see the same tens of thousands seeds on the most popular torrents. Of course there are always casualties when something like this happens but they also represent opportunities for others. :yes:

If there is something I'm certain of is that P2P file-sharing won't end anytime soon, the BitTorrent network is very strong and still, if somehow it eventually dies there will be a better, more resilient technology following its trails.

SkyMtn  551

• Elite Mod
  • Rate: 218
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 07:09:39 am »
Currently I am seeding two torrents...nothing special, just my regular tv shows that I enjoy watching :)

Kat 2.0...is the new Kat. Kat 1.0 is gone. Kat 2.0 will be offering a torrent "option" in the new future; we are still working out the logistics.

In todays climate of MPAA, etc...it is more difficult to create a safe site for torrenting, and that is the main concern of our team. Security is priority #1.

I hope this has cleared up any confusion about Kat 2.0`s future. We are working on creating a new and better site...For all to enjoy.
Happy Halloween 2016

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:12:26 am by SkyMtn »